Unlike pressure, stress is never good for you and never a positive thing. Stress is a condition or feeling experienced when a person perceives that the demands placed on them exceed the resources the individual has available. The symptoms of stress significantly affect both your mind and body. If you scored high, imagine how much better you would feel and look without it.
Take the test:
On a scale of 1-10 how stressed are you now? *10 being high
1-4 Share your secret!
5-8 Your adrenal systems are over active. You will be showing symptoms of stress. Important notice -take time to relax
8+ Stop and assess your life. What’s working? What isn’t?
Symptoms of stress
Symptoms of stress
- Increased irritability
- Heightened sensitivity to criticism
- Signs of tension i.e. nail biting
- Difficulty getting to sleep/over sleeping
- Drinking and smoking more
- Indigestion/stomach issues
- Loss of concentration
- Fearful of future
- Panic Attacks
SAY ‘NO’ TO STRESS - 10 TOP TIPS TO BECOMING STRESS FREE
- Be Honest – Listen and trust your instincts. Identify what is really causing you to feel stressed? It's never what you think it is. What’s stopping you from making the changes you know you need to make? Stop making excuses.
- Slow Down – do one thing at a time and finish it
- What makes you happy? – do more of it
- Be thankful- what are you thankful for in life? List 20 things
- Be kind – to yourself. Check your self-talk, you wouldn’t be that hard on anyone else would you?
- Simplify your life – let go of clutter, dramas, and people pleasing
- Ask for & Accept practical/emotional help – people like to help
- Body Care – Get the right fuel into your body. There are links between vitamin deficiencies, dehydration and high stress levels.
- Move it – dance, skip, break-dance, whatever floats your boat. Unused energy turns into negative, lethargic energy and can turn against you.
- Relax – park your brain, breath in slowly through your nose… breath out slowly through your mouth. Just 5 mins sitting with a quiet mind will put a spring in your step even when chaos surrounds you.
Time to say 'NO' to stress